Friday, August 13, 2010

Tag Journal & 1st birthday card

Tag Journal

I made both of these tag journal's for gifts. Once for a baby shower & the other for a 1st birthday.
The insides are the same but the covers are different.
I used paper from K&Company Lion Sleeps 12x12 Paper Pad
I bound it with 1" book rings


All the tags are white with brown ribbon stapled to it. I left them plain so they could put a picture or write something on it.

Here is the recipe for the tag journal.
Cricut Cartridges Used:
Tags, Bags, Boxes & More:
6 - Tag - 5.65"
6 - Folders- 11.35"
2 - Covers - 11.35"
This is the folder & on my gypsy I moved the half the of the folder off my mat that I didn't need. So I only cut half the folder to make a cover. If you don't have a gypsy just cut the folder out & then cut the part off that you need for the cover.

Baby Cover:
Cricut Cartridges Used:
Plantin SchoolBook:
Baby- 1.25"
I cut it regular & then with the shadow feature also.

Quinn Cover:
Cricut Cartridges Used:
Simply Sweet:
Quinn -1.25" Blocked & Blackout Features
Graphically Speaking:
Circle- 3.15"
To make a 1/2 circle I moved it on my gypsy 1/2 off the mat so it would cut it the way I wanted.



This is a card that I made to go with Quinn's Tag Journal.
Card Recipe:
Cricut Cartridges Used:
Graphically Speaking:
number 1 collage - 1.37"
Simply Sweet:
Gift Box - 2.18" Shift & Gift Box Shadow - 2.08" Shift Shadow
Alphalicious:
1 -  1.04" Short Stack Shadow Feature

I know there are alot of instructions for this project but it is alot of fun & a great gift. Once you make one then it becomes alot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your wonderful comments.