Sunday, May 8, 2011

NSD Challenge #12 - Crafting with Kids

Join the National Scrapbooking Day Challenges at www.mypinkstamper.com  


Yesterday I realized I never made a hand print of my youngest daughter who is now 2 years old. I felt like a horrible mom because I can't ever get that. So I wanted to capture what I can now. I traced both our girls' hands on paper and cut them out. I made this project from 4"x4" coasters from PaperTrey Ink. I used Mod Podge and covered each coaster with paper, then cut out the paper, then inked the edges. I used My Pink Stamper stamps from Sweet Baby set. I stamped them lightly with a similar color because I wanted it to blend into the project. I cut out their names and ages from Cupcake Cricut Lite Cartridge at 1". I punched a hole in one corner then connected them with an office ring and tied ribbon around it. I love how this project turned out and I plan on adding more coasters to it in the future. I will include pictures and other important events. I will Mod Podge the whole card later to protect it but I didn't want to wait for it to dry to take pictures of it.




2 comments:

  1. Hi! I was just stopping by all the MPS DT's blogs to say hello :) I am so impressed you did all 12 challenges - you go girl! I had so much going on with Mother's Day I ran out of time, but I did have a wonderful time with my family! I love your blog and all your creations, you are ubber talented, Glad to be on the team with you :)
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...but now I feel bad I didn't do anything like this when the kids were little. Now I would need a full sheet of paper for their hands :) Your a great MOM!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your wonderful comments.