Monday, January 24, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #44

Neglected Cricut Cartridge
-use a Cricut Cartridge that you haven't used in over 6 months. Join us for the FCCB challenge HERE.

I haven't used my Graphically Speaking Cricut Cartridge in a while. When I first got it, I had to have it. I saw so many useful cuts on it. I think most of them are better for scrapbook layouts than cards.  I have been making so many cards and have neglected scrapbooking so therefore, neglected this cartridge.

This layout was a real challenge for me because I only wanted to use this one Cricut Cartridge on it. Then, I picked such a detailed cut that it took some patience to make it. The ABC frame had so many little pieces & then I chose to use the ABC background too, so that was twice the pieces.  So I hope you enjoy this project.




Cuts and Supplies Used:

Graphically Speaking Cricut Cartridge
Button #9- Icon & Icon Blackout- ABC frame 9"
Button #9- Type- Learn 1.5"
Button #33- Icon & Icon Blackout- 1+2=3  1"



All of the solid color papers are from Core'dinations. I love using them because they cut so well on the Cricut, even on all the detailed cuts. I set my Blade at 6 & my pressure at Max.

I used pop up dots to raise up the ABC frame and add dimension.  I added rustic twine and buttons from Paper Trey Ink where I had some empty space.

Since this layout could describe the Tons Of Fun that someone could have at school...I included that stamp from My Pink Stamper's More Punny-licious stamp set.

The ribbon was something I had. I am not sure who makes it.

I also embellished with a White Jelly Roll Pen, by adding dots around the paper, since there were dots on the ribbon too.






7 comments:

  1. I love the alphabet frame! It would work great for some layouts I need to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute LO. I need to start doing more of them. Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your efforts and patience paid off. This looks fantastic! The alphabet frame is super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That border is awesome!! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! That is super cool. Makes me want that cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this is gorgeous! Love the design, colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your layout! I have the Graphically Speaking Cricut Cartridge and never knew about the alphabetical border! I found it and no wonder it's so small! Thank you for sharing your page!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your wonderful comments.