Monday, January 31, 2011

Cupcake Invitations

Cupcake Baby Shower Invitations 


 So, I have had a busy week. I made 70 Cupcake Baby Shower Invitations for a friend. I wanted to share with you how I made them and some tips for how to make so many & not get board with them.


Instructions
 Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge
Button #4 All Layers Cut at 4.5"


Inside Stamp - Martha Stewart Stamp

Stickles

Tips
To make so many effectively I layed everything out on my gypsy as close as I could. Each layer I put as many on the mat as possible for an 8.5"x11" paper. I used 2- 8.5"x11"paper packs from Michaels to create it. The pinks were from the Butterfly Wings & then also the Black & White Pack. Because I was cutting out so many, I even titled each layer- how many pages I needed to cut and what color. Then I pulled out that many pages & cut all of that layer and then moved on to the next layer & repeated the process. After I had everything cut, I started adhering them in sets of 10. By working with sets of 10, I didn't get tired of any one step. It was also a great way to keep track of how any I had done. I finished them off with the cherry, a dot of stickles, and the Sweet Cupcake stamp. I have to say that My Pink Stamp Stamps are an amazing quality photopolymer stamp. I stamped it 70 times right on the invitations & never messed up. It looks so clear & crisp. I use Stazon black ink with it & it looks amazing. I was so suprised that I was able to complete them from start to finish in 2 days (along with my normal responsibilities around the house). 

I hope these tips help you know you can achieve a large project without being overwhelmed by it. 
Just break it down in to steps.

Then after I finished them the soon to be mother had a 2nd ultra sound and found out that she is having a boy. So now I will be creating Baby Invitations with the monkey from Create A Critter.
At least they know other ladies who are having girls that can use these invitations.

5 comments:

  1. These are great. Thanks for the idea. I will be making some Baby Shower invites in a few month. Your tips will help a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What are the odds!? At least you have other people who could put those cupcakes to use...they're just too cute!! :) I also know how you feel...I made 50 invitations for our girls' bday party in November...what a week that was!! LOL Thanks for sharing! :)

    Linda
    www.fancyframework.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love doing things on my Gypsy like this too--makes it so easy!
    70! WOW, somehow I understand, LOL!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going straight to heaven! 70 invitations that is so much work. They came out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your wonderful comments.